The scupper is the source of bad odours in urban areas, since the loss of the "water seal" favours the establishment of air currents between the sewerage system and the environment, causing the release of gases and odours to the outside. Even the water in the scupper itself, if it is not renewed, is often the cause of bad smells.
The main causes of the malfunction of the hydraulic seal on the scupper are as follows:
- Lack of water due to evaporation of the water in the tank.
- Lack of water due to leakage of the scupper bowl.
- Loss or breakage of the elbow caused by the siphon.
NIXMUR21, has a scupper bowl, which can be fitted with a non-return valve (anti-odour). This is an innovative system that solves the problem of traditional scuppers, such as unpleasant smells, rodent outfalls, cockroaches, mosquitoes, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF THE NEW SCUPPER CELL
- No water is required for sealing.
- It favours manual cleaning as opposed to costly cleaning with mixed equipment.
- Due to its high solids retention capacity, the frequency of cleaning is significantly reduced.
- Cannot get stuck, as in elbowed scuppers when clogged with dirt.
- Allows the water in the tank to be filtered slowly, so that it remains dry.
And as a result, these other advantages are also obtained:
- Manual cleaning is easy.
- Soil can be bagged into a container instead of being taken to a landfill.
- The possibility of mosquito nesting is eliminated.
If you need any additional information or technical data sheet.